Monday, October 31, 2011

More Pictures from the Tundra

I hope everyone is tuning into the recent blogs posted on the PBI website (see earlier posts). There are amazing photos and a wonderful movie on the Northern Lights that we witnessed.

In addition, I am including some photos here from a member of our team, Kevin Middel, an analytical biologist with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (OMNR) and an M.Sc. student at Trent University. He actually caught the rare sighting of our wolverine as it ran right past a sleeping polar bear we were watching. He also got a great shot of an arctic hare. Then there was the polar bear eating a antler shed from a caribou.

I'm spending a few days here in Churchill getting caught up on my email and helping out PBI where I can. Then I leave on the train in three days to begin the final leg of my journey home I will be spending some time in Winnipeg and Toronto (visiting the polar bears at their new huge exhibit) so stay tuned for more adventures.