Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Day on the Tundra Buggy

This will be my last day on the tundra buggy. It's been five days since I actually walked on the ground. It's a weird feeling. I've actually grown sea legs! The time has just flown by. It's been a lot of work but a whole lot of fun also.

I have met people from all over the world: Antarctica, Germany, India, Australia, Thailand, China, Korea and a few others that I know I'm forgetting. It has been a really awesome experience.

The weather is way to warm for this time of year. We've only had a few flurries and the temperature has been between 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit. It's comfortable for us but so unfair to the bears!

I'm hoping to see more bears as the day progresses. This morning I had quite an experience. We walk on porches that have open grids on them when we travel between the cars at the tundra buggy lodge. I was heading out to breakfast and as I left the sleeping car, I heard this sniffing sound below me. There was this huge male right below me sniffing my boots. He stayed there for about 5 minutes and I got to sit there with him. It was truly the most awesome thing I have ever experienced. I was so tempted to reach down and touch his big black nose. He looked so sweet and fuzzy that I actually had to consciously keep my hands inside my pockets.

By the way, we have had over 1000 people watching the blog from the US, Germany, Armenia, Russia, England, Denmark, Korea, Canada and a few other nations I can't recall. It's rather awesome!